Tuesday, April 1, 2008

De-Stashing at Last!

At last, my store cupboard is being de-stashed (to make way for more yarn & buttons!).

I decided a couple of years ago that I would teach myself to make jewellery - and with that, off I went, bought a few beautiful & inspiring books and pored over them night after night. Eventually I thought I had a good idea of what was what, and promptly spent a small fortune on some stunning glass, czech, wood, ceramic & many other beads, Bali silver findings and a whole load of other paraphernalia..... they all looked so fabulous and I got stuck in.

Sheesh, I tell you, the books had made it all look so easy, but I was completely fingers and thumbs. How I asked myself could I manage to make life-like sugar flowers yet not manage a piece of fine wire. I have no idea but a good few beads ended across the room before I gave up with disgust!

And so this wonderful collection of goodies spent the next year or two behind a cupboard door and now it's time to let them go. Isn't that just the hardest thing to do? I'm a squirrel and can always find a great excuse for why I have to keep this and then that! This habit drives my OH nuts.

But the time has come, money is a little tight at the end of the tax year and those lovely folk at Etsy are in for a treat! Here are the first listings.....




Intricate Bali Silver Bead Caps








Gorgeous Bamboo Beads with a Red Highlight







Simply Stunning Bali Silver Necklace Clasp








Fantastic, Chunky Ceramic Beads.







I hope to get a good few more photos taken tomorrow as the weather forecast at last, looks good.

Sue x

No comments: